Did This Really Just Happen? No, Really?

Tuesday, July 05, 2005 10 comments
This happened on Saturday, but I think I have only just now wrapped my mind around it.

Saturday morning my mom and I made up after the whole You Left Me Stranded At The Train Station For 2 Hours fiasco, and were playing catch up on each other's lives, since I had been busy the few days before that. When I told her I got a raise, she was happy for me, but she didn't react the way she normally would in light of such news. It registered on my radar as a blip, but then I ignored it.

Later in the convo I was telling her about my night out with Kimberly earlier in the week and she started laughing. She then confessed that she HAD READ MY BLOG LAST WEEK AND ALREADY KNEW ABOUT MY RAISE. The amount of verbiage that then spilled forth from my mother's mouth was rivaled only by the Exxon/Valdez oil spill. It was all I could do to keep up with her while still reeling from the revelation that MY MOTHER READS MY BLOG.

Not that I care, you know. I personally don't feel like there's anything terribly offensive outside of the fact that I overuse "Fuck" as a verbal crutch on a regular basis. But still. This is my private world. This is TwerpsWorld. Yes, it's open to the World Wide Web, but the agreement between my mom and I when I told her about my blog was that she would NEVER SEARCH IT OUT without my EXPRESS PERMISSION. And that if I felt there was something she would particularly enjoy, I would email the post to her.

Here I will paraphrase her stunning revelations:

1.) She thinks I'm "really funny, Twerp." She seemed almost surprised by it, in fact. I think this is because much of the writing I always shared with her was serious or sensitive; the kind of stuff the RockDog truly enjoys.

2.) She thinks I should write comedy. She was very excited to reveal this to me. Comedies are her favorite. Ask BabySteve. When you ask my mom if she wants to see a movie, her response will ALWAYS be, "Are there any good comedies out right now?" So, for her to imagine me as a comedy writer is akin to me spontaneously reproducing a grandchild for her, on the spot.

3.) She knows I am meeting my mentor from my years in Los Angeles next week when he is in town; that I will be talking to him about potentially pursuing writing as a career and asking his advice on my next steps. She seems to think this will involve me having to move back to Los Angeles. She says it's what I'll need to do to truly succeed and that it's what I SHOULD do. If you don't know too much about my history, especially my history with my mother, this isn't as shocking to you as it probably is to those who DO know. We should give them a minute to regain consciousness.

4.) She punctuated this entirely shocking conversation with, "AND I HAVE A GREAT IDEA FOR A SCREENPLAY! IT'S CALLED, 'BLOG.'"

TRUE FACT.

10 comments:

  • MFDC said...

    WOW!! Too much goodness here. Can't... handle.

    Loretta's right on ALL counts. Especially the part about moving to LA. I hear there's hot men in LA who totally want to do you. ;P

    You ARE funny, Twerp. Good luck with your meeting!

  • MrRyanO said...

    I say go for it! I would love to write for a living, but apparently to MAKE a living from it you have to know how to write something other than crude observations...and then there is this spelling and grammar thing.

    Can we be listed in your book in "Thank You" section? That's been one of my goals in life...to get mentioned in the liner notes in a CD or Book. That would be cool!

    BTW...Did Loretta have anythign to say about your friendly neighborhood RockDog?

    It's Summer Time! Bras Off! Rock ON!

  • Danielle said...

    I was basically relaying our convo, but I won't deny that it's been on my radar for, oh, three or four YEARS or so...but this is a larva thought. Muy larva.

    BREATHE, Muppet.

    "I hear there's hot men in LA who totally want to do you. ;P"

    And my bidding, I hope?

  • Danielle said...

    RockDog, Loretta says, "You have it good compared to a Goody-Two-Shoes. Your experience will teach her what to look out for."

    And I would advise you to always tell her she's pretty because, with the exception of the Bone girls, daughters just don't hear that enough.

  • Becca said...

    I would have to agree with Momma Loretta. Pack your shit girl! Get on outta here!

  • Anonymous said...

    The best part was this"Twerp one of the bloggers could be a hooker, because sex sells" CLASSIC!!!!


    And mfdc, try and remember that her brother who is 6'8 reads this...lol..

  • MFDC said...

    "And mfdc, try and remember that her brother who is 6'8 reads this...lol.."

    big bro, I said "hot" men, so I clearly wasn't referring to myself! ;)

  • Anonymous said...

    Dude don't worry it's all good. :)

    Judging by Danielle's comments I just assummed the hot guy was you. :)

    Relax, it's cool. lol

  • Anonymous said...
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

©Copyright 2011 TwerpsWorld | TNB