The RockDog Wants To Know How I Do It

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 16 comments
A few days ago the RockDog posed a question asking me how I did it. I thought I would address the question today.

First, every human being is different, so the experience is wholly unique. I think it's good to ask other people how they do it. It allows for a broader view of the act altogether, and that can't be anything but beneficial. If you continue to alter your style, you'll be exposed to whole new worlds. Trust me, I know. I'm a HAYUGE FAN. As you know.

So this is how I do it: First, I usually have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to get out of the experience, so I also know what it's going to take to get me there. I take notes! I'll be inspired by something I will see or hear or read during the day, and I'll think, "Hmm...that could be a good idea." And then when I finally do get down to doing it, I've got a nice little plan of attack, so to speak.

I also like to ask around as well. I'm not shy. I'm industrious and open-minded. And it's not like it's a huge secret that I luuuuuuuuuurv to do it. There are a few people whom I trust implicitly. I will DO what they say. I have never been disappointed or regretted taking their suggestions.

I used to do it all. the. time. But that got me into some trouble recently. Some habits are hard to break! Anyway, I find that I actually enjoy doing it less frequently. It makes the experience that much better when I finally get to it. I get to have something to look forward to, and then when I'm actually doing it, I'm so pleased with myself and what I'm doing, it ends up being far more rewarding. I've learned not to take it for granted.

While in the midst of it, I usually just go for what feels right. I'll wander around a little bit, try a few different areas and see if I can't touch upon anything inspiring. My last session lasted a couple hours, actually! But it was completely intoxicating! Endorphins ROCK!!!

Of course, sometimes, when know what I want, I choose to go for it RIGHT AWAY. I want it and must have it, and so I go right for it. I can't decide what's more gratifying: knowing that I've been wanting something and just being able to have it at the tips of my fingers, or knowing that there's so much more I could have if I just keep on exploring a little further every time.

Like I said, everybody's different and it's these differences that have elevated an exploit of this nature to near-legendary proportions. It satisfies a base human need: Instant Gratification. However you get there is your own business.

This is just how I use iTunes.

16 comments:

  • MrRyanO said...

    I would have had a 'semi' if I hadn't of known prior to reading this just what you were talking about.

    Now, I want to know how The Admiral does it...the iTunes thing.

  • Anonymous said...

    hahahhaa... Dee, that was.. well.. hi-freaking-larious!! This is Sarah(L) btw. And I must make a recommendation: have you ever listened to "Muse" (most recent album is Absolution). I'm finding this a highly pleasing rock-esque group.

    I've designated myself "other" because I don't feel anonymous.. is that wrong?

  • Danielle said...

    SARAH!!!! HELLO!!!

    Everybody say Hi to Sarah! Sarah had the, er, pleasure of living with me for a year in college!

    I actually DID pick up a Muse tune recently: Stockholm Syndrome.

    I bought it because I thought, if a dude can rock a mic like Thom Yorke, then he's FINE in my book!

    You're SO not anonymous! I'm glad you enjoyed the post!

  • Anonymous said...

    I loved it Danielle! Hell, I've loved the whole two months' worth of postings I've read so far. No, I'm not a stalker, just a 'blogger newbie' :-)
    Muse is very reminiscent of Radiohead at times.. but with a harder rock vibe.

    Danielle was THE BEST roommate ever. As I'm sure you can all imagine.

  • MrRyanO said...

    Welcome Sarah(L)...Sooooooooooo tell us all about Deebo...and living with her...Muahahahaha!

  • Danielle said...

    R to the D, you think you're soooo diabolical, when all this time, you could have easily posed the same question to Meghan or Kelly!

    They've BOTH lived with me!

    As a matter of fact, Bleon knows, too.

    Damn. I've lived with a lot of people.

  • MrRyanO said...

    But she's fresh meat...what better way to get her involved than to spill some juicy Deebo habits like you spend hours plucking out nose hairs...something like that...

    So, Sarah(L), ignore Deebo (even though this is her blog) and dish some Deebo dirt...

    :D

  • Anonymous said...

    Deebo dirt! That could be a blog in and of itself..
    Just kidding! There's no such thing. She was honestly the best roommate. We were free-spirited co-eds at the time and nothing could get us down. Remember the "lost" and subsequently "found" ganja lying OUTSIDE OUR DOOR?!?!!

  • Danielle said...

    HOW COULD I FORGET??? There we were, all bummed and poor, thinking, "Man, we could REALLY go for some herb right about now."

    And then I get off the elevator and under the fire extinguisher is the loveliest, plumpest, greenest bag of FREE POT EVER!!! Ah, what a GREAT moment!

    Did we take it down to the Charles? I think so.

    Sarah taught me culture and shit. And read dirty e.e.cummings poems to me. And JD Salinger stories.

    ;)

  • Anonymous said...

    That shit was so green it was Orange!! Oh yes, we took it to the Charles, as we did with all things greenish orange. But remember the attack ducks!! ahahahahaaa! that memory makes me laugh out loud.

    Dee taught me Wallace and Grommit culture. and film culture. and good hair culture. we was alllll cultured up.

  • Danielle said...

    It took me 97 hours to blow your hair out for Halloween.

    97 hours.

    ;)

  • Anonymous said...

    oh yea and at least another 45 to do my makeup!! but you made me such a beauty queen no one even recognized me :)

  • Danielle said...

    Oh please, you're already a beauty queen! The make-up was just to whore you up a little. ;)

  • Danielle said...

    What? It's TOTALLY about iTunes! I don't know what else it could POSSIBLY be about!

    :)

 

©Copyright 2011 TwerpsWorld | TNB