Mailroom Guy: Dancer

Friday, July 22, 2005 12 comments
I was stuck here waiting for some tapes, so when they were done, I took all the mailing materials with me and headed directly to the mailroom so I could get the puck out of here with a quickness.

When I entered the mailroom, Martin was just finishing up. He was trying to leave early. "Truth Is" by Fantasia Barino was playing.

I WOULD LINK YOUR ASSES, BUT YOU ALL KNOW THAT I CAN'T, SO DON'T CLICK ON THE SONG TITLE. THAT WOULD BE AN EXERCISE IN FUTILITY.

Anyway, where was I? Oh, right. So I said, "You know, I think that's the best track on that record," and it's his favorite, too. I said, "We should make up a dance!" And then I executed an old dance step from my misspent early youth. "You danced?" asked Martin.

"Um, you could call it that. Yeah. For a couple years."

"Me, too! Junior high!"

"Did you do this?" I mimicked a one-two-step.

"Yes!" Martin showed me his version.

"Did you do this?" I muddled through the only tap dance step I remember.

"Yup!"

"Awesome! We should TOTALLY do an interpretive dance to this song!"

"No, no. I don't dance anymore," Martin says ruefully.

"I bet you do when you're drunk! We're all Janet Jackson when we're drunk!"

"True! I do all that stuff when I'm drunk! The Electric Slide, all that."

"Oh yeah!" I say excitedly. "I'm gonna come down here one day next week, and we're gonna get the whole mailroom to do the Electric Slide. Bring it in!"

"OK!"

So, that's what I'll be doing at some point next week. The Electric Slide with the entire mailroom.

I. Can't. Wait.

12 comments:

  • Danielle said...

    RockDog -

    Of all the tales I have told in the past 17 months, I cannot believe this is the one that renders you speechless.

    The anticipation of the RockPuppy is wearing on you!

    ;)

  • Danielle said...

    But I luuuuuuuuurv dastardly deeds! Almost as much as I fucking love coffee and "talking."

  • Danielle said...

    RockDog, as God is my WITNESS, as long as I draw breath and continue to believe enough in my own self-importance to write my mundane observations on this here webpage...

    THERE WILL BE DASTARDLY DEEDS.

  • MrRyanO said...

    Then I am saved! Preach on Sister Deebo!

    Now bring on the whiskey and women of ill repute!

  • Sam said...

    That should be filmed for the Xmas party slide show they always do!! I did the Electric Slide in Jamainca once but I was very drunk and between a kid and old lady so I had no one to follow.

  • MrRyanO said...

    PS...Elohimus Maximus actually has a funny site. The lord speaks to him through his blog. It's like a miracle and shit.

  • Danielle said...

    "I did a Jamaican chick once...does that count as dancing?"

    Yes.

    Though I would defer to Sam on anything relating to Jamaica and/or Jamaican chicks.

 

©Copyright 2011 TwerpsWorld | TNB