The Terrible Twos

Friday, March 31, 2006 2 comments
Well, today TwerpsWorld is the big 2! To celebrate, I may or may not have some fucking CAKE!!! MMMMM!!!

Last year, I kind of forgot to celebrate the ol's Blog's birthday on time, but I had a lot going on. I was moving to Brooklyn to live with strangers in the g to the hetto, so my mind was on more important things. Still managed to find the time to flirt with MFDC, though! HA! It's all about priorities.

So much has changed in the past year for me, and it's all been very positive for the most part. Even more change is on the horizon, but I ain't skeerit. I'm looking forward to it. I've moved around a lot in my life in my unrelenting quest for the mythical state known as "Security," and I've stormed my share of windmills in the process, but I really feel like the direction I'm heading in now is the right one. I haven't been so sure about anything in years. It almost feels like it wasn't a choice. It's just what's next for me. Kind of like quitting sugar. I just knew I had to do it.

I've had to do a lot of adapting in the past year. You spend your whole life as one thing, and then when you're something different, the shifts can be rough. I've had to relearn a lot of my thought processes. Which means a lot of you have had to be VERY patient with me. I've definitely appreciated that, and all the encouragement I've gotten along the way! I'm happy where I am and proud that I got here the right way.

I'm also very proud of a lot of what I've written on this site in the past year. You know, I recently thought about giving it up, since I still haven't quite figured out how to write my way out of being uninspired. But then I thought, you know, if I have to write 6 posts in a row because I write something decent, then I'll do it, because it's just what should be done. I think I just need to keep working on this thing before I'm back on the rails.

Last year I linked you to a few of my favorites. Well, I'm too lazy to do that today. And I'm too busy drinking iced tea and making personal phone calls, too. So, I'll just invite you into the archives. I'll warn you, though...

It smells a little weird in there.

:)

2 comments:

  • CJ Sorg said...

    You can spell the word "two" using the letters in "TwerpsWorld".

    Also, you can spell "tower" and "sport" and "sword"

    ...and Reggie, you can also spell "Ropers"

 

©Copyright 2011 TwerpsWorld | TNB